Wednesday, March 06, 2013

WIPs - For Baby and Serger

Lola Bea Bag Markings

I have a whole list of WIPs, and ones to start, before school is out and the due date arrives in June.

Knowing that I'll have to start hauling around a bunch of baby stuff, a diaper bag made it high up the list.  I've been saving this yard of Echino for several years, planning on making a bag.  Even though it is theoretically a half yard short for the diaper bag pattern I found, I gave it a try to make it work.

I'm squishing and rotating the pieces. A big puzzle!  For sure, loving the Lola Bea Diaper Bag pattern so far.

first try - epic fail

And THIS is my most challenging WIP in a while.

Serging around tight inside and outside curves.

Epic Fail!

 Hopefully I have something good to share soon, because I'm interested in doing way more than covering simple, straight seams.

Linking up to Lee...

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

Dee said...

Ahhh...it is the attempts that make us try again that are teachable ones!

Keep at it and you will be amazing!

Mareenchen said...

That fabric is gorgeous. No wonder you've been saving it for so long. Good luck with rotating the pattern pieces and making it work.

leigh said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations!!! I haven't read blogs in so long. Are you having a boy? Or do you know?

leigh said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations!!! I haven't read blogs in so long. Are you having a boy? Or do you know?