Thursday, July 08, 2010

Becket is Funny

I keep forgetting to write this down!

When we were in Hawaii buying fabric, the boys wanted me to make their new pillowcases RIGHT THEN. I said that would have to wait, since I didn't have my sewing machine.

Becket insisted that there was a sewing machine IN the hotel room. He SAW it. (He was very insistent)
We nodded. Sure sure Becket.

When we got back to the room, I asked him to show me the sewing machine. He quickly ran to the closet and pointed it out.



The hotel iron!

We had a good laugh, and I had to tell him - yes, I iron a lot while sewing, but the iron does not stitch the fabrics together, just makes them flat.

12 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

That's funny! I didn't quite realize how much I would need to iron when I started quilting - it's a pretty important step!

Life of Joy said...

I keep saying that if someone told me so much ironing was involved I would have never stated sewing.

I do not iron. My husband had always done it.

Kendra said...

oh that is tooo funny!~ :)

Leslie said...

how funny!!!

Rebekah said...

that is too cute! He is paying attention!

Mary said...

Too cute! I just adore kids and the way they see the world :-)

Stephanie said...

My son would probably think the same, he does see me use an iron an awful lot! too cute :)

Sarah Craig said...

So funny! My granddaughter knows that it makes the fabric hot and flat, so she gives me pieces of fabric and tells me to "make them hot, Nana!"

Kris said...

Thanks for a great story to start the day! I love how kids conceptualize the world. :)

randi--i have to say said...

Funny! I use the iron like crazy when I sew. Makes things so much easier!

randi

http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/randi/

Glenda said...

Too funny!

Riel Nason said...

Pretty funny stuff! Kids do pay attention when we make things don't they? My 3 year old daughter got a toy iron for her birthday and watching her "iron" was hilarious as the only thing she was ever seen me iron is quilt squares. She did the little press, stop, steam button, stop, rub, flip. We were cracking up!