Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Traveling Art for Becket

I made a Traveling Art Show for Becket last night from an awesome tutorial at Bread and Buttons. It went together super fast! This is high on the list of things people suggest for in-flight entertainment.


I was going to use velcro to close it for Becket to work himself, but he actually should learn how to tie. You don't really learn that since all the shoes are velcro! So I ended up using some Hancocks Fabric twill tape I had saved.


We went to Staples this morning and he picked out a few of the things for the inside so far. We'll add some stickers and mini activity books, too.


He just saw me typing this up and ran to get it - he's opening and closing and testing it out. I may have to hide it until the trip!


I used some really yummy echino fabric with 1974 stash. I seriously want to win, but you may want to enter Penny's give away....you can win a little shopping spree at superbuzzy and get some echino for yourself!

6 comments:

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

That is such a great idea!!

Dee said...

Isn't he just the sweetest little thing! You're such an awesome mom!

Leslie said...

quick hide it before the novelty wears off!!! and don't forget the candy

Kris said...

I love how yours turned out! I recently hear from my soon-to-be sister-in-law that her son loves the one I made for him at Christmas and they take it everywhere!

Stephanie said...

I made a little art kit like this for Jackson, he uses it a lot at church and it keeps him sitting still and quiet. Love the fabric you used for yours!

erica said...

I LOVE THIS! great job :)