Thursday, July 30, 2009

my studio

Amandajean showed us around her studio today, and asked us if we would share, too.


I am set up in what should be a formal dining room. I have just converted all the normal dining room stuff into something much more fun! I took a picture in all it's ADDcrafting glory. I have four projects out right now.




The good and bad side of being set up on a big dining room table. Lots of room to piece, cut and iron (and for piles to gather).


When I'm quilting, the table is nice to hold all that extra weight.


I'm enjoying the ease of finding what I want to use next in my china cabinet.




All the most-used tools are in a thing I found at Target that was made to hold your silverware for parties. You can pull out each ceramic pot, so I have pins and binding clips in two. They travel to what ever part of the house has the most clean-ish floor space when I baste and bind.



It's great being in the dining room, since it is at the front of our south-west facing house. A ton of natural light fills my space. I'm also right inside the front door, so am forced to try to keep the mess down to a smallish mountain.





I look forward to seeing everybody's spaces!

13 comments:

Chase said...

nice sewing space! i need to get my clean up soon.

chase

Maria Harrits said...

Hi. Just came by from Amandajean. I love your blog and I sertainly will come back soon. Maria from Denmark

Mark said...

I love your space!! Mine is never tidy enough to take pics lol!

Amanda Jean said...

What a beautiful space to work in! I am envious of all your natural lighting. I bet it's nice to be in the middle of all the action. And I don't think that it's messy at all. ;0)

Amanda Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

this looks so great. i have my table right in the middle of my living and dining area....i just tidy up the table when anyone is coming over....what machine do you have?

Amanda @RusticRemnants said...

Very nice space. I love the hutch with your fabric in it. How nice.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hey you!

My studio is also in my dining room! We are not "formal dining room" kind of people. (How can I be with a 3 year old!) Anyway, we ditched the formal stuff and I am turning the dining room into my perfect space.

The best part is that I am right next to the kitchen/ laundry room/ and family room. I can keep my eye on everything! Plus I can multitask! And I can look out into the front yard. However, there is no door and it is the first thing that you see when you walk into the house!

Thanks for the tour! When I get setup completly, I show everyone around.

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

HI I came from Amandajean's. I love your space and the sewing furniture. Thanks for sharing.

One Flew Over said...

What a beautiful space!

Dresden Quilter said...

Thanks for showing us your space. I love the natural light and the way you have stored your fabric.

Rachel said...

Whaouw: you really have a lot of space.

ck said...

I love that you are in the dining room! Most people never use it anyway.