Thursday, June 04, 2009

Small project #4

This one sneaked in a little quilting. I used an awesome tutorial by Oh, Fransson! for a nine-patch door stop.


Her patterns and tutorials are very detailed step-by-step with lots of pictures. Super fun and easy to use.
Nice, square top with a handy handle
Zipper on the bottom for dumping out the beans and washing.

I made this one for my front door, and the fabrics are the same as my first quilt that ended up being hung on a nearby wall. That's my favorite Amelia print on the back.

My only problem was using batting instead of fusible fleece for the lining. I tried to turn it into a fusible thing with heat-n-bond. That was a mess! The paper back didn't peal off and I had to just toss it.

3 comments:

Kangaroo said...

adorable!

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Love the doorstops. What a great idea. Nice fabrics, I can see why they are favorites!

Rita

Dresden Quilter said...

Wow! I love the fabrics. Amazing as always!